To save time, I have conditioned the family to know this:
If it’s Sunday night – we’re eating raviolis; Monday night – chicken; Tuesday night: Taco’s (or some meat out of the crock pot). They all of gotten older and off on all of their activities of dance, choir and work. Plus I had Girl Scout Cookie Manager Training this Tuesday, so making something early in the evening and that’s easy for me, and tossing it in the crock pot (or sometimes the warming drawer) allows everyone to eat whenever they stop back at the house. It just works out best. I cannot believe I’ve become *this* mom.
By the way, the rest of the week plays out:
Thursday: homemade pizza or *family* dinner
Tuesday Night Sloppy Joe’s
Prep 10 mins; Cook 30 mins
- 1 pound ground beef (from our cow, comes in 1 1/4 tubes, so a add a little to each ingredient)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- couple of dashes of salt and ground black pepper
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef.
- Chop and add onion and green pepper to the pan.
- Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Toss in crock pot on Warm.