- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 T. cornstarch
In a small sauce pan, add all ingredients and heat on medium/medium low. Stir. Remove from heat once reached preferred consistency.
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon Bisquick
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon baking powder
- 1 can or 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (more juice if lemon isn’t very juicy)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- butter, softened for serving
Heat griddle to 350°
In largest measuring cup (or bowl with pouring feature), whisk Bisquick, sugar and baking powder. Set aside.
Peel the entire lemon with a peeler and finely dice (lemon zest).
In a smaller measuring cup, (or separate bowl with pouring feature) mix the evaporated milk and lemon zest. Using a strainer over the smaller measuring cup, juice the lemon into the milk/zest. Add the egg and vanilla. Wisk all wet ingredients.
Pour the milk/lemon mixture into the dry ingredients. Wisk to combine.
Heat vegetable oil on griddle.
Pour dollar-size pancakes; because they cook really fast. (Larger pancakes cook more on the edges first.)
After flipping to 2nd side, add soften butter to pancakes tops.
Stack on plate and add Blueberry Compote on top. No maple syrup necessary.