Apple & Onion Stuffin’ Muffins by Rachael Ray modified by Judy
½ original recipe to make 12 muffins
1 bag of stuffing (Pepperidge Farms Herb Seasoned) for 2 cups of mix
1 bag = 6 cups
1 T. olive oil
2 T. butter, plus 2 more for pans (or Pam)
1 bay leaf
2 large celery sticks, chopped
½ yellow onion, chopped
1 ½ apples (Fuji)
Salt & pepper
½ T. Old Bay seasoning
½ teaspoon Sage
1/8 c. parsley, chopped
4 c. stuffing mix (Blue bag Pepperidge Farms Herb Seasoned)
1 ¾ c. chicken stock
Set oven to 375° — cooking time 10-15 minutes
- Preheat oven
- In a large skillet heat olive oil and butter
- When butter melts add bay leaf
- Add the vegetables as you chop the, celery, onions and then apples
- Sprinkle the vegetables and apples with salt, pepper and Old Bay
- Cook 5-6 minutes until the vegetables soften
- Add parsley and stuffing to the pan and combine
- Add chicken stock to moisten; until the bread is soft but not wet
- Spray muffin pans with PAM or use butter
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill and mound up the stuffing into the muffin tins.
- Remove the bay leaf when you scoop it out.
- Bake until set and crisp on top, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove muffins to a warmed platter and serve hot.