Had to counteract against the Everything cookie post, here was last night’s dinner. Rachel Ray’s 365: No Repeats Cookbook. Super simple to prepare – absolutely horrible directions. She has one recipe on one page, then makes changes and substitutions of ingredients on the next page (Omit, Swap, Reducing and Add) it’s totally confusing!
I’m editing the recipe and here’s what I did…made too much for the family (younger kids balked), but great for 4 adults. Greg and I had for lunch the next day too!
Frutti di mare and Linguine (shellfish and pasta)
1 pound linguine
4 T olive oil
8 garlic cloves (I used pre-diced from a jar)
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes (Cento preferred)
1/2 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp
6 oz. lump crab meat (got mine fresh from Seafood; Costco also has a great refrigerated container)
1 lb. mussels, cleaned/scrubbed and checked if broken
3 T chives
about 20 fresh shredded basil leaves
- Make pasta
- While pasta cooks, heat a large deep skillet over medium heat, add oil, garlic and crushed red peppers.
- Add tomatoes
- Toss shrimp with crab meat and lemon zest and juice, season with salt
- Add to pan, scattering in single layer
- Add muscles
- Cover pot and cook 5-6 minutes, until shrimp are pink and muscles are open.
- Discard any unopened muscles.
- Drain linguine and add hot pasta to the skillet and toss.
- Add chives and basil. Serve.