About 15 years ago, Greg and I met. But I grew up listening to Twisted Tunes by Bob Rivers in Massachusetts, so it was to my surprise when he had also heard of these songs come Christmas time. Greg informed me that one of my favorite DJ’s was actually in Seattle! These songs bonded us around Christmas time and we listen to them every year.
Here’s the 5-day countdown to our 10 favorite Christmas Twisted Tunes by Bob Rivers:
10. We Wish You Weren’t Living With Us – Greg remembers a particular relative when we hear this song.
9. O Come All Ye Grateful Deadheads – I think of my sister Brenda who would saw multiple Gratetful Dead concerts, and remember her saying, I want to see Garcia before he dies. I also think of all of my Lotus deadheads.
8. All You Need is Elves – I forced the kids to learn about The Beatles this summer; they really like to sing this one. #7 is also a take off of a Beatles song.
7. Jesus’ birthday – Our brothers have birthdays right around Christmas. Last year, we made up our own twisted tune to this song for Uncle Eric…”It’s Jesus’ birthday, and your birthday too, yeah!”
6. Walkin’ Round in Women’s Underwear – just silly