Judy’s Homemade Pizza on the Grill:
1. Make pizza dough according to bread machine directions, or buy frozen dough a grocers.
2. Take ball of dough and cut into several small balls; for 1 lb of dough, I will cut into quarters; for 2 lbs. it will yeild eight balls.
3. Roll dough into small disks.
4. Brush with oil and place oil side down on grill.
5. While cooking, brush other side with oil and sprinkle with cornmeal.
6. Flip when dough rises and you can see that it’s grilled and cooked on one side.
7. Top with either fresh sliced tomatoes, or sauce, and whatever your preference.
Pictured above was Hawaiian Pizza: tomatoes, sliced ham and fresh diced pineapples, topped with shredded Monterey Jack cheese (I think this melts best). And Veggie Pizza: tomatoes, mushrooms, red peppers and shredded Monterey Jack.
8. Close the grill and let melt. Turn off burners to avoid burning.
Or wicked easy way:
1. Pick up medium Papa Murphy’s pizza and grill it on the grill – low, do not burn the paper plate it comes with.